The mission of the Santa Barbara Unified School District is to ensure the educational success of all
students through high expectations and a commitment to excellence and to empower them to reach
their full potential as responsible, ethical, and productive citizens in a diverse and changing
Core Beliefs and Commitments
- We believe that the achievement of the district’s mission is a shared responsibility
requiring the cooperation and commitment of students, parents, staff, board members, and the
- We will ensure academic excellence by providing quality educational programs with all staff
members focused on continually improving student achievement.
- We will effectively and transparently manage our financial and human resources to support our
- We will maintain safe and orderly school environments for all students and employees.
- We will promote a culture of mutual trust and respect among students, parents, staff, and community
- We value student and staff diversity in our schools and classrooms and will promote equal access
across all educational programs and activities.